Four years after graduating from Smith Cotton High School (Sedalia, Mo.) Johnny became a Baylor University BA graduate majoring in Political Science. He played baseball for Baylor and the Waco Braves (semi pro). He is a member of the Baylor B Association for former Baylor letter men. Johnny was also on the Baylor Debate team.
Next, after finishing the first year of law school, Johnny was drafted into the US Army and worked in Security & Intelligence (442nd Signal Battalion - 29th Signal Group - Southeast Asia / Northern Thailand) during the Vietnam era.
After his military service, Johnny re-started the second year of law school and two years later he became a University of Memphis - Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law - JD graduate.
After graduation from law school, he taught Business Law as a full time Assistant Professor at Central Missouri State University. (Later in his career, he also taught Business Law courses at State Fair Community College and Austin Community College as an adjunct instructor in addition to his then-current jobs).
Following that, Johnny practiced law in Sedalia, Missouri for 5 years in general practice.
Next, he became a University of Missouri-KC Law School LLM graduate. The LLM Degree is the terminal degree in law.
Later, for more than 30 years, he worked as either a consultant / contractor or an employee.
Currently, in addition to his law practice, he owns and operates the following two items within a single seamless sole proprietorship entity: (1) "Con-tracts.com Consulting" (a general business consulting item in Bryan / College Station, Texas: See www.Con-tracts.com ); and (2) "Johnny Pickleball Sports" (a distributor / dealer of sports equipment in Bryan/College Station, Texas: (See -www.johnnyPickleball.com ).
Johnny's Career and Personal Goal;
*BLOOM WHERE PLANTED -
*DO THE RIGHT THING -
*NEVER GIVE UP -
"JOHNNY PICKLEBALL" IS A REGISTERED TRADE MARK OF JOHN E. MILLER
"PCAP" AND "CON-TRACTS.COM" ARE TRADEMARKS OF JOHN E. MILLER
(C) COPYRIGHT 2014 - 2017
JOHN E. MILLER
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
John ("Johnny") E. Miller is the founder, owner, and operator of "The Law Office of John E. Miller."
In his many rewarding career experiences providing legal services as an employee, consultant, and as a contractor, Johnny has demonstrated creative legal services leadership in dynamic high tech organizations. He is well regarded as a team player.
He builds seamless relationships with suppliers, service providers, customers, partners, friends, and other parties. Johnny is known for helping to transition technology to apply to real-world problems, assisting management as needed in expanding viable markets and sales channels, and collaboratively developing legal services options.
His legal services savvy is guided by his ability to build superb legal services teams. Johnny has a reputation of engaging problems with a disciplined, process approach, and effectively communicating with all stakeholders.
He has worked with Central Missouri State University, State Fair Community College, Midwest Research Institute (MRI), Tracor Inc., Tracor Aerospace Inc., Texas Instruments, Austin Community College, Radian Corporation, Radian International LLC, Radian Engineering Inc., Radian SEA Limited, Pervasive Software Inc., Microelectronics Computer Technology Corporation (MCC), URS, Total Chemical Management, CH2M Hill, University of Texas at Austin, Dell, LCRA, YRCI, Lumen Legal, Accenture, Accenture Procurement Solutions, First Horizon National Bank, Sempra Energy, Comerica, Weatherford, USAA, Motek Medical, TLCC, TBCA, NCAR, PCALLC, WellAware Holdings, Inc., Tango Flight Inc., and others.
Johnny's recently published National Contract Management Association (NCMA) "Contract Management Magazine" Articles and Johnny's Recent Articles in Other Publications:
* Fifty Tips for
Your Statement of Work (SOW) - NCMA Contracts Management (CM) Magazine in August 2007
* A Simple Template for Service Level Agreements (SLAs) - NCMA CM Magazine in April 2008
* The Preferred Provider Partnering Program (P-4) - NCMA CM Magazine in March 2009
* Your Four Step Negotiations Checklist - NCMA CM Magazine in Feb 2008
* Forty Indemnification Clause Review Tips - NCMA CM Magazine in March 2007
* Forty Five Non Disclosure Agreement Review Tips - NCMA CM Magazine in Nov 2006
* US Patents: Thirty Factors for Contracts Professionals to Consider - NCMA CM Magazine in Jan 2008
* Twelve Practical Reasons to Use Written Contracts with Suppliers and Service Providers - NCMA CM Magazine in Oct 2008
* Sixty Practical Contract Drafting Tips - NCMA CM Magazine in April 2006
* A Checklist for Joint Collaborative Agreements - NCMA CM Magazine in Oct 2009
* International Sales Agreements Checklist- NCMA CM Magazine in Jan 2010
* The Off Shore Outsourcing of Commercial Contracts Management (Original) - NCMA CM Magazine in April 2009
* The Off Shore Outsourcing of Commercial Contracts Management - (Re-published) - Texas Transnational Law Quarterly (State Bar of TX) in June 2009
* Business Insurance Broker Agreements - NCMA CM Magazine in May 2009
* Your Checklist for Outside Counsel Agreements (Original) -NCMA CM Magazine in July 2008
* Your Checklist for Outside Counsel Agreements (Re-published first time by Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association's "The Clause") in September 2008
* Your Checklist for Outside Counsel Agreements - (Re-published second time by Association of Corporate Counsel's "Docket" Magazine - in March 2010)
* Inventorship - NCMA CM Magazine - October 2010
* 115 Issues in Commercial Services Agreements for the Service Provider - NCMA CM Magazine - June 2011
* Contract Legalese Reduction Tips – NCMA CM Magazine - December 2012
* Start-Up Entity Intellectual Property Due Diligence Checklist - NCMA CM Magazine - September 2013
* Recommended Reading Reference to 14 Important, Practical, and Useful Inventorship Issues (October 2010 NCMA CM Magazine) on page 36 of Certified Professional Contracts Manager Study Guide – 2nd Edition (NCMA) 2011
* Recommended Reading Reference to 115 Issues in Commercial Services Agreements for the Service Provider (June 2011 NCMA CM Magazine) on page 154 of Certified Professional Contracts Manager Study Guide – 2nd Edition (NCMA) 2011
* Breaking Down Anti Reverse Engineering Clauses To BuIld Up Practical Agreements (Januay 2017 CM Magazine)
Copies of any of these articles are available upon request.
Sign up to get my email updates about interesting business-related legal issues.
2002 Lis Lane, Bryan, TX 77807, US
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: By appointment